This week we are saying hello to Jen Sutton of Country Brides of Faversham. Jen runs 2 stores in Dover and Faversham. Country Brides of Faversham are among the leading wedding dress shops in Kent, offering you a unique experience in choosing your bridal gown for the most important day in your life. See what the expert has to say about choosing your dress…
1. What is your favourite part about running a wedding dress shop?
The best part is actually seeing the whole finished look which I normally see after the wedding via photos. Sounds crazy doesn’t it? Finding the dress and the bridesmaids gowns, and imagining the venue and all the finishing touches that the bride has been telling me about in the changing room, and then getting to see some photos after the event and knowing that the bride is grinning from ear to ear because you helped her find THE dress is a small part but helping her to get there is just as important.
(Above: Art Couture wedding gown, retails at under £800)
2. What range of dresses do you stock?
So in Dover, we have Mori Lee, Alfred Angelo, Eternity , Art Couture and Private Label by G, and in Faversham ( because we are after all a sister company ) we have the Disney Fairy Tale Weddings by Alfred Angelo, Alfred Angelo, Veromia, Ellis, Mark Lesley and within all of the stores we always have a sale section.
(Above: Alfred Angelo Belle 2014)
3. What is your best selling dress?
We don’t have a bridal gown we sell again and again because all of our brides are so different. In Dover we sell a lot of Mori Lee but in Faversham they sell a lot of Alfred Angelo, so it really is across the board. We just love being able to offer brides a choice and they know we wont knowingly sell the same dress to someone that knows them or the same venue.
(Above: Mori Lee Lace)
4. Which are your most popular bridesmaid dresses?
Its all about the chiffon at the moment, but brides have been plumping for the same colour, with different dresses to suit their bridesmaids personalities.. OR the same dress but in blending tones. SO much choice. Alfred Angelo offers over 62 colours and over 100 dresses, it’s mind blowing to see all the choice. Oh and lace for bridesmaids is also occurring.
Also just to throw you off … the jumpsuit has been pretty popular for bridesmaids and mother of the brides.
(Above from left to right: Alfred Angelo, blue Mother of the Bride dress however it comes in 62 colours and has been popular for bridesmaids, Pretty Maids dresses (blue, green and purple), Alfred Angelo lace dresses, Alfred Angelo 2015 jumpsuit)
5. What advice can you give to a bride-to-be when looking for the perfect wedding dress?
There are 5 simple tips.
1. Book an appointment, now that sounds simple doesn’t it, but if you can, schedule a child free time with a small group of your nearest and dearest (say 3) and book the time in the shop, we don’t do walk ins. Its all about you for up to 2 hours.
2. Be realistic about your budget – don’t say there is no budget, all bridal shops know there is a certain number you don’t
want to go over, tell us. Its helps.
3. Underwear and make up – sensible underwear please and very little make up.
4. Don’t try and do too many shops in one day. Wedding dress blindness does exist and too many dresses in a day can lead
to a melt down.
5. It may look awful on the hanger.. just try it. If you don’t like it, you can take it off, if your mum wants you to try it, just do it.
6. What are set to be the wedding dress trends of 2015?
2015 is shaping up to be an interesting year, with a mixture of lace and a mixture of very simple dresses with beautiful backs. It’s going to be amazing I can already tell. Bridesmaids are going to be excited about the option for a beautiful velvet with their bridesmaid gowns. Oh and lots of my brides will tell you, I do like a pocket, so if its got a pocket, I am HUGE fan.
Thank you to Country Brides of Faversham for sharing with us some of their beautiful dresses and sharing some useful tips to consider when finding your wedding dress.
To find out more about what Country Brides of Faversham can do for you visit their website www.countrybrides.uk.com to see a list of their dresses, opening hours of their 3 stores and more. You can also find them on Facebook and Twitter